Richard and colleagues Robin Field and Geoff Vautier are available for key-note speaking engagements. Topics cover a range of subjects on how the 80/20 Principle can be used to enhance both our business and personal lives. Topics include:
- Making better use of your time
- Multiplying your effectiveness
- Thinking the 80/20 way
- How to achieve more with less
Past audiences range from a European in-house corporate Chief Executive’s summit, to an 1,800 strong software re-sellers conference in San Francisco, to business groups and industry organisations in South Africa, Australia, UK, Europe, Fiji and New Zealand. Specific speeches titles include:
- 'Success from less – Work less, achieve more: The secret of the 80/20 principle'
- 'The 80/20 Toolkit for Business'
- ‘How to become an 80/20 organisation’
- ‘How to unlock the nuggets of gold hidden in your business'
“Success from less – Work less, achieve more: The secret of the 80/20 principle”
In this speech Richard poses the proposition that might surprise many – how you can work less and achieve much more. As Richard says, “Most of you work too hard. And you do so for far too little result”. Richard sets a strong focus on how to apply your energies more effectively, looking for the payoffs that provide a multiplier of reward. A powerful quote – “Few things really matter. They matter a great deal’.
‘The 80/20 Toolkit for business’
In this speech / seminar Richard and Robin explore how to adopt an 80/20 approach to business. Participants can often see themselves mirrored in the examples that are presented. A strong element of this presentation is the Filofax plc case study, a company in which Richard and Robin applied 80/20 principles to achieve a dramatic turnaround in fortunes. Filofax is described in Richard’s first book “The 80/20 Principle: The secret of achieving more with less”.
‘How to become an 80/20 organisation’
In this speech / seminar Richard and Geoff focus on practical steps that CEO’s can take to turn their businesses into an 80/20 organisations. The content covers 80/20 from both an organisational view and personal skills basis.
‘How to unlock nuggets of gold hidden in your business’
In this speech Geoff shows how companies can discover and unlock nuggets of gold buried in their businesses. He introduces ‘The Power of 16’, an 80/20 concept that suggest that the top 20% [of everything] are generally 16X more powerful that the other 80%.
The demonstration of this concept has been described by one speaker-promoter as ‘one of the most powerful demonstrations of a concept I have seen’. A key concept introduced is the idea of de-averaging – going beyond averages to see what is really happening in the business.